DevOps Engineering Coach
We are looking for a highly motivated DevOps Engineering Coach who can empathize with individuals and teams and raise their engineering and problem-solving skills. Individuals in this role will help teams understand what opportunities they have to advance technical practices and help them build and adopt DevOps practices to deliver the following outcomes:
• Increased speed
• Improved quality
• Delivering and understanding value
This is a time-sensitive position we are looking to fulfill to support a major initiative at one of our customers
Coach teams on Lean & DevOps principles and practices. Apply your knowledge and experience with teams creating new features and with movement of services to the cloud. You will be expected to teach and help teams implement techniques like: Value Stream Mapping, Vertically Sliced Stories, Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), CI/CD and pipeline buildout and optimization (specifically using Artemis). You will also be expected to identify individuals who will continue to help implement these practices across other teams within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from Acceptance Criteria to production.
- Experience building out CI/CD pipelines with teams and integrating into Release Management process.
- Strong relationship and communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to effectively teach and mentor teams and individuals.
- Able to articulate and support your opinions/stance, but also able to listen and be flexible.
- Work experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum or SAFe
- Working knowledge of the following technologies/frameworks: Angular 5, Node JS, Jenkins, GitHub, AWS, C#, .NET, TFS
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Work location is Richmond, VA. Full-time, 5 days/week on-site at customer's location.
- Sporadic travel to the Washington DC metro area
To apply, visit out application page or write us with your cover letter/resume