Scrum Master/Agile Coach
Is the Daily Stand Up your favorite time of day? Do you have a Product Backlog somewhere in your house? Do you dream about new retrospective ideas?
We are looking for a Scrum Master/Agile Coach to understand the needs of our clients, train teams in the use Scrum, coach them through adoption of new practices, and advise them on ways to continuously improve. You will work with leaders and Agile teams, while partnering with other Agile coaches to improve the flow of work and assist clients in identifying and removing challenges.
You’ll be joining a Hard Yards team with extensive product delivery experience. We fully support your continued journey to improve your own skill through increasing levels of challenge, certification, and responsibility. You will have the opportunity to be mentored by Hard Yards staff that include a Certified Scrum Trainer with over a decade of Agile transformation experience, and a Product Management expert with extensive knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe.
- Provide training/workshops, as needed
- Teach/Mentor/Coach teams and leaders on Scrum practices, roles, artifacts and ceremonies
- Advance the understanding of client roles within Scrum across Business, Technology and Operations areas.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements
- Bring industry knowledge from the Agile community
- Exhibit influencing skills to effectively drive process implementation, standardization and simplification
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- 5 + Years of Project/Process Management experience
- 2 + Years of Agile coaching
- Master’s Degree
- At least 3 Years of Agile Coaching
- Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master, SAFe Scrum Master, or equivalent
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and influencing skills
- Work location varies depending on the customer
- Sporadic travel outside the Washington DC metro area
To apply, visit out application page or write us with your cover letter/resume